Monday 25 May 2009

Turkish Style

My colleague, Hakan made me a cuppa Turkish coffee after lunch. I've tried it once somewhere, sometime ago but I don't remember liking it. I only remember it was too strong and bitter. Maybe it was some other coffee.. but I definitely enjoyed it this time ;)

This brew is indeed a signature drink of Turkey. The portion is tiny, meant for small sips over a period of time. The history traces back to 15th and 16th century, chroniclers wrote that coffee beans originated from Yemen but the technique to making this drink was invented by the Turks.

And yes, the technique is rather interesting indeed. Hakan can't carry it out so well but I appreciate that he did LOL

Scooping coffee powder from the most famous brand - Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi

Hahahahaha it really looks like Hakan boiled me some shit to drink :P

This is crucial.. the uppermost layer when the coffee boils has to be laid into the cup

And the rest is filled after more boiling..
The link above explains more (I'm still trying to like this drink LOL)

It is a yummy cuppa Turkish Coffee! ;)

4 comments:

wi said...

i remember i bought a packet of famous coffee near the grand market and didnt know how to prepare it.

it ended up in the recycles :(

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

NoooOOoooo.. it's okay. Let me master the skill of Turkish Coffee making and I'll make a cuppa for you ;)

Mei (butterfly) said...

Chinny, Turkish coffee sounds so good! You going to make a cuppa for me too? :)

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

When I master it! Otherwise it's just plain ol' Nescafe (3-in-1) LOL