Monday 13 April 2009

Entirely Different

The hospital's symbol of a woman nursing the child

My first day at
Etfal State Hospital was very welcoming.

Tolga's Mum accompanied me to
Şişli (pronounced as shish-li). Şişli is the district of the hospital. I was nervous as hell. I was afraid my workmates wouldn't like me, I would be incompetent, maybe alienated or something nasty will happen. I didn't know why I was so pessimistic but I guess I'm always like that :P

I'm just so glad that everything turned out the opposite of what I expected!

Now an official medical assistant at the Internal Medicine Department, I'll be working with 8 others and 2 main doctors. Being the only Asian (from the Far East) ... can't say I can escape from the stare/observation of the public. I have to constantly remind myself not to dig my nose bite my fingers LOL

Everybody speaks English and I'm saying perfect English. I'm not sure if it's so good for me because I won't be able to improve my Turkish! Medical terms are similar to English/Latin, I mean better than some Russian words that go way out of line. Everyone is friendly, pretty easy-going and they seemed to enjoy learning my name or how to get it right :)

The Head of the Hospital, Prof.Yuksel made such a drama about my engagement with the hospital, I thought it was a bit too early in the morning. He's such a funny man. Any more spotlight on me, I think I WILL be alienated sooner nor later. In the picture above, my department is on the 6th Floor on the left. Oooohhh.. and guess what. Lunch for doctors and hospital staffs is free.

5 days a week, 8am-4pm. No over-time.

Yeahhh, I think I can handle that fine. Just need to brush up on my Internal Medicine knowledge ;)

8 comments:

Sha said...

My best!!!! Congrats on the new job!!! So excited for you :)) A new chapter has begun!

Btw, I signed my offer letter earlier today ahahahaa. Chambering commences on 1st June!

Love you much.

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Aaaahhhh.. congratulations to us both! I'm really happy at Etfal and got some good-looking doctors you know LOL

Can't wait for you to start chambering ;)

Viroshini said...

Well done babe!!!!
i am soooo happy and proud of you,looks like both of us have similar working hours eh? *winks*

so...i shall be hearing form you soon Dr Chin Joo,Tan.

Anonymous said...

i like the 'free food clause'. haha

Bunny said...

Congrats ChinJoo! My best wishes for your new endeavor =)

Yan Lim said...

Yay! Congrats Eve. You sure are feeling excited ah?

I wonder if one day, I will ever complete my law study and become somebody in that field :S

leo7_lion said...

That's a great experience^^ lol

~fall3n ang3l~ said...

nice)))))
n look at the hospital there))