Wednesday 18 March 2009

Vowel Harmony

Since I'm going to be staying in Istanbul for a while, I will need to learn Turkish eventually.

Wait, before I go any further.. let me inform everyone that my boyfriend's name is Tolga. Hahahahahahaa I can't use his nickname Turkish here anymore because it might cause some confusion. I get mixed up between the Turkish-es, you might not know if I'm talking about the country, people or language. So yes, his name is Tolga.

Tolga. Tolga. Tolga.

In Turkish language, his name means a Warrior's Helmet.

Tolga, Tolga, Tolga.

I think it's enough, everyone gets the idea now right? LOL

It's funny so far everyone I've met speaks English, so there really isn't a push for me to learn Turkish so quickly. But for my job prospect's sake.. I need to. I feel like a 5 year old because every time I mutter a word, Tolga's parents celebrate and says "What a clever girl!".

I'm trying to learn as quickly as I can, but I'm really not 5 years old anymore. And how much can I cram when I already speak so many languages! Let me see.. BM, English, Chinese, Russian, German and now Turkish. I'm wasted on the medical line. I should be on the tour and travel sector ;)

The cover says it all!

Tolga got me this book last year..

See.. it was signed in April 2008.. if only I started reading this book then
I should be half an expert now!! *sniffles*

Turkish language is relatively easy.. tricky but easy

Some alphabets (C and S) have hooks on the butt
But this book is ancient and inaccurate.. and I happened to post it here :P


I could have enroled myself in a language school but no, Tolga says he will teach me and I can learn from watching TV. The language school we enquired about is a little too far from us and it offers a 4-month course. We didn't think it's such a good idea to be tied down with the language school, that's why.

I just have to be extra hard-working to learn Turkish as quickly as we all wish for!

10 comments:

Yan Lim said...

Tolga tolga tolga! Hmmm sounds like toga, I like toga style so I guess I like Tolga too :))))

You can speak Deutsch? Whoaaaaa my step dad is a German :D

ZhiHao Chua said...

seems like turkish either have dinner or supper.. or they have late dinner? or they cannot eat twice at night? or they cant differentiate dinner n supper?

and... everyone needs tabak after dinner all the time~ LOL

cool

leo7_lion said...

Wow, so many language won't confused ke? Great learning skill ^^b

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

That page I snapped is from an ancient book. Turkish people don't have supper.. the supper is translated for English folks.

And tabak is tablecloth, not napkin. Either ways.. (words from then on) the list is not so correct LOL

Sorry :P

ZhiHao Chua said...

LOL... all right..
but tea is still chai, eh?
=)
have fun ya!

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Yupe. Chai, it is :)

Bunny said...

Whoa CJ, you speak german too?! Impressive! I happen to learned it too when I was younger =D

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

German is easy, many words are very similar to English.

Deutsch ist gut! LOL

Anonymous said...

Jia you!jia you!i believe u'll catch up turkish faster than russian..since u have 3 lovely tutors..Gambate!^^

aManda玲慧 said...

Good luck CJ, you can do it :)