Monday 22 September 2008

Sera Italiana

Turkish took me out for dinner this evening. It was another spontaneous meeting, since the weather had been superb for the past few days. We have bright, sunshine for now.. but soon the gloomy skies will set in. So waste not, want not! Try to enjoy the outdoors as much as we can!

We blindly stumbled into an Italian restaurant, Amarcord at Pokrovka Street (M.Kitai-Gorad). It was quite a surprise because we rarely go for this cuisine. They are usually expensive, rather posh, I wouldn't want to enter when dressed like a hobo unlike the common chains (Il Patio or Pasta Project). But I must say, I'm glad we found a nice joint which has a romantic setting, excellent service, yet the meal didn't cost us arms and legs.

Kitai-Gorad has beautiful neo-classical architecture
And note how stupid looking the CCTV is at the corner LOL

This is for you, Hannan (I know you miss this paper)


Amarcord doesn't even sound remotely Italian *shrugs*

The Taverna Italiana is so cozy. Our waiter, Alexander (I was hoping for a Carlos or Sergio!) was really efficient. He came to check on us every once in a while, now he's worth tipping! I loved my order this time, Ciriole Amatriciana. I was attracted to the name and description on the menu, "homemade spaghetti with traditional Roman sauce". Wooooo.. Italian cum Roman, it was delicious! *smack, smack*. Turkish had Lasagna alla Bolognese, basically Lasagna LOL

His food looks like what it's supposed to be..

But mine looks like Mee Rebus! Maybe Mee Kari LOL

Later, an old man in suit staggered over to play the piano, right behind Turkish's back. The old timer had the smoothest pair of hands I have ever seen. I don't think he did anything else other than playing music. It was kinda hard for us to talk when he started playing the piano, Turkish wasn't paying attention to me anyways LOL He played a few pieces of unfamiliar tunes (to me) and went off. Aaaahhh.. 2 more days, 2 more days to Verdi's Requiem! ;)

Turkish and the old pianist (in the background)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Been to this restaurant i think... :P
hehehe
yeah, moscow times!
I need that copy every weekend
need to check what's happening at bordo n rasputin!

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Hahahahaa you own Bardot and Rasputin what. Why need to check from Moscow Times? :P